As parents we have a vision for how we hope our kids will turn out. We place all of our hopes and dreams into these little human beings and pray they will develop into decent individuals. As the mother of an outgoing two-year-old boy and soon to be newborn baby boy, I want to make sure my kids grow up to be positive catalysts for change in this crazy world.
My kids, God-willing, will be gentlemen. Now more than ever, we need men who are going to bring everyone up and not push them down. Men who see each individual as an equal, and don’t hold themselves superior to others. We need men who know how to love others the right way, instead of the wrong. As a mother, it is my job to make sure my kids work towards the greater good.
Here are just 5 of the hopes and dreams I put out into the world on a daily basis for my kids:
- I hope they will become caring individuals. I want both of my boys to express concern and kindness to every person and animal they meet (while also being aware of potential danger; I am a paranoid mama for heaven sake).
- I want my kids to be loving and accepting of everyone, no matter the color of their skin, their sexual orientation, religious affiliation, age, etc. They should not feel like they have the right to pass judgement on anyone. That’s not their privilege to have.
- My kids will stand up for what is right and never cower at an opportunity to make a positive difference. I truly believe they will make a difference in this world.
- As brothers, they will always love one another and champion for each other. These two little boys should always be the strongest advocates for one another and help guide each other in the right direction.
- Finally, they should be men who show love and respect to those they love. They should never, ever, put down the ones they care about or those who care about them. Their dad and I will let them know each and every day how much they are loved (more than they can probably handle) and together, he and I will be positive examples of how to love your partner.
As parents we have a very important job; we are tasked with raising our kids to be good people! I know, this can be a lot of pressure, but together, we can raise a generation of children who spread joy, love, and kindness. I don’t know about you, but I’m game for this undertaking. Put me in coach!!