As the mother of two boys, I’ve said a handful things that I never thought would come out of my mouth. I don’t say these things just once in a blue moon. No! I repeat these phrases on a loop each and every day.
Let’s face it boy moms, our little love bugs are in fact gross, but it’s OK, we love them no matter what. Life with boys is a constant adventure and each day is full of unexpected surprises. Truly unexpected 😮
Here are the top 10 things I never thought I would say to my boys:
- We do not put the potty seat on our face (life of potty training a boy).
- Buddy you don’t need to worry, it’s still there. Your penis isn’t going anywhere.
- We don’t drink the bath water off of the bath mat!
- Yes, you do have to wear pants today.
- Please don’t lick the wall. It’s not food.
- Instead of grabbing your crotch and walking around, please let mommy know when you’ve gone to the bathroom.
- No, we can’t run around the house naked.
- Can you please get mommy a tissue? We don’t want snot running down your face into your mouth.
- Can mommy go to the bathroom by herself? I love you, but I need some privacy.
- Let’s not eat the [insert snack item] from under the couch.
What are some of the strange things you’ve said to your kids?