Sweater weather will be here before we know it (does a happy dance- jazz hands and all). As the south is currently experiencing a heat wave, I am eagerly looking forward to my season. The crisp autumn air, bonfires, hayrides, pumpkin patches, and of course my favorite holiday, HALLOWEEN! Do you know the song Where are you Christmas that Cindy Lou Who sings while looking out the window in the Grinch, that’s me, but I’m singing “Where are you faaa-all! Why can’t I find you?”
Fall is also the busiest time of the year (in my opinion) for moms. We are constantly on the go between kids, family outings, work, sports, school, etc., you name it, and we are probably artfully trying to balance all of life’s happenings. As a working mom with two kids and in grad school, I am always perfecting my juggling act. Flexibility and versatility are key! With this said, here are my 6 fall must-haves for the moms on-the-go.
1) A transformational sweater: When there is a chill in the air, a chic, quality sweater is a necessity. I don’t know about you, but I need something I can dress up and dress down with ease. I want to go from a work function to a sports function with just a quick change of my pants/skirt. Wooden Ships has beautifully and ethically constructed sweaters that are perfect for the fall season. They are so soft and stylish – I want to wear my sweater 24/7. Each sweater is made to order, which means zero waste. This eco-conscious mama could not be more delighted with their commitment to the environment, their employees, as well as the customer. They give back to many wonderful causes and consider their carbon footprint. I mean…it’s the obvious choice for your sweaters this fall season.
This camo knit, can pair nicely with jeans, as seen here, with a nice pair of dress pants, over a long dress, or a skirt with tights. Is it OK to wear the same sweater every single day? Make sure you head over to Wooden Ships to stock up and support this wonderful family-owned/family-run business.
2) Keeping it warm: I am consistently fueled by the likes of black coffee and black tea. I have a cup on the way to work, midday at the office, and once I get home. I have to stay perky. While on the go from swim lessons to soccer practice, a good thermos is my best friend. 1) I don’t want to drop a pretty penny at a franchised coffee shop 2) I often don’t have time to make a pit stop and 3) there is always a little extra coffee left in case of an emergency. There are so many wonderful options out there.
3) Pucker up: I LOVE a dark lip. The fall season is the perfect time for a berry or wine lipstick. I have found a vegan, cruelty-free, and eco-conscious lipstick that lasts all day. ALL DAY! Scouts honor, this lipstick is amazing and is perfect for any occasion, it also pairs lovely with the camo sweater from Wooden Ships. Folly Fire lipstick in Full House is a must-have for your fall cosmetic collection.
4) Back it up: You never know when you are going to make an abrupt stop at a pumpkin patch or apple orchard. What happens if your phone battery or camera battery dies? The horror!!! Take a backup battery or portable charger just in case. You don’t want to miss the magical fall moment. You can grab a few portable charger for $3 to $5 in the Bulleye’s section of Target (a.k.a. The Mothership).
5) Bundle up: It’s as simple as keeping blankets and jackets in the trunk. On the east coast, fall is often accompanied by cooler temps (we like to go from heat wave to arctic blizzard). We have a hard time finding a happy medium. It’s handy to have a blanket/jacket or two in the car, just in case there is a serious chill in the air.
6) Crock it and pot it: A good crockpot recipe is an on-the-go mom’s favorite thing! I love to make a hearty stew or chili during the fall and winter months. Do you have a favorite crockpot recipe? Let me know in the comments below. I am looking to expand my recipe repertoire.
What do you include in your fall must-haves? Drop me a comment below!
Follow Woodens Ships:
Instagram – @WoodenShipsKnits
Facebook – @WoodenShipsKnits
Pinterest – @WoodenShipsKnits
Follow Makings of a Millennial Mama:
Instagram – @MakingMillMama
Facebook – @MakingMillMama
Twitter – @MakingMillMama
Pinterest – @MakingsOfAMillennialMama